Monday, April 11, 2005

Struggling writer needs money to attend conference

I have been writing since I learned to hold a pencil in my chubby little hands. But it wasn't until the emotionally charged whirlwind that was my teenage years that I actually started writing down all my thoughts, feelings, activities, and experiences that happened to me in a journal. Short stories and poems in odd bursts were to follow throughout my emotionally charged, turbulent 20's and 30's, but still my constatnt companion was my journal.
Suddenly, something in me has literally burst from my chest and my mind and all these words are tumbling out. The stories are itching to be told. My mind is in again in a turbulent whirlwind. I need to find others like me. I want to attend conferences but have no money to pay for them. Instead I am cracking my head to come up with get-rich-quick schemes in order to finance my trips. Here are a few things I've come up with so far:

1. Stand on a street corner with a sign that reads "Struggling writer needs money to attend conference. Giver will receive a haiku in return for investment. Thank you for your generous support of the arts."

2. Write trashy romance novel under pseudonym, get contract, take all money received, attend conferences and trash the romance novel industry never revealing I actually am part of it.

3. Become professional card reader and make tons of money telling other people that their futures look good.

Which should I choose?

No comments: