Sunday, June 19, 2011

Has it been that long?

I stayed away too long. I have no real excuse only to say I had other committments I needed to take care of that took priority. Anyways, I am back. Although, I warn you I may disappear again. I attended an art show yesterday. I missed it. God, I didn't know how much I missed it until I was there among the artists and in their studios. I used to be married to an artist and we attended art shows every week. Ten years I did the dutiful wife thing and stood by my artist husband and attended all his openings, his friends' openings, the open studios arts' day, etc...Then we divorced I closed myself off from the art scence for another ten years. Yesterday I got a taste for the life again. I can't live without poetry, art, or music in my life. It is something that resides deep within me and I have to free the creative mind in order to get on with my life.

No comments: